I love eggs and in particular omelettes. My dad used to make us Omelettes as kids every Friday night and experiment with different toppings. He was the ultimate king of Omelettes and my favourite version was a delicious coriander, turmeric, garlic and chopped onion. Over the years I have made many an omelettes and find it is an easy, complete meal option for when I’m out of ideas and time.
I have to make different versions for the girls. My youngest like hers super simple whilst my eldest is a bit more adventurous.
So here is my super simple Indian omelette. Add more of what you like and take out what you don’t like. Make it your own.
Oh and I always stick my omelette under the grill as it’s just easier to finish off that way. It also allows the cheese to melt down leaving a bubbly yummy melted cheese topping to my omelette.
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp pink salt
- 1-2 Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1-2 spring onions finely chopped (or some normal onion finely chopped)
- 3-4 sprigs of finely chopped Coriander
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely grated or blitzed to a paste
- 1 tbs milk
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Add eggs to a large bowl
- Add your milk, salt, turmeric, garlic to the eggs and whisk throughly
- Add your mushrooms, onion, chillies and coriander to the mix and stir all ingredients in.
- In a large frying pan add your olive oil and heat. When your oil is warm add your omelette mix. After a minute or so turn down the heat.
- When your omelette base has been cooked add grated cheese and place under the grill (or in the oven) to finish off cooking. This won’t take any longer than 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with salad and chunky chips or wedges.
- Cover your frying pan handle with tin foil to avoid it burning when placed under the grill/oven